Friday, February 8, 2008

Missing My GT200









Current mood: Nostalgic
Music playing: Michael Franti and Spearhead, Yell Fire!


After weeks of drooling, rainy weather, the sun has reappeared, its warm and inviting, and it makes me miss my Vespa! :(

The weather is just too nice, and will only continue to get better, and not only do I have to suffer being trapped in a steel cage with wheels, my GT200 pal is unable to enjoy the refreshing weather as well. Actually, other then when its raining, it probably sees the sun more then I do, sitting at the store front, begging to be taken out on the open road! For those of you who have ever had to let go of a favorite car or motorcycle or scooter can empathize with me on this one; you miss it like you miss a loved one. Much like a break up with a significant other, it’s like having a constant source for sexual gratification, and then its gone and you have to move on without it cold turkey. On day's like today you yearn for the opportunity to throw a helmet on and take off with reckless abandon, just to ride around all day; take it to run your daily errands, ride it to work, to school, or just for a joy ride through the countryside.

Sigh.....

Someday soon I hope to form a new Vespa relationship, and though I'll still have fond memories of my ex-Vespa, that new Vespa will be fresh, shiny and beautiful and give me plenty of enjoyment and new memories. Until then, I'll have to just daydream about that day and hope that soon, someone will give my store front Vespa a new home and it will give lots of new happiness and memories to someone well deserving.